While writing my blog last week on all of the features & benefits of the Gen4 Ion Air Jet, I couldn’t help but think of some of the very interesting and successful uses I’ve seen in my nine years (as of this past Monday) as an Application Engineer at EXAIR Corporation. In honor of my workaversary, this week’s edition is Russ’ Top 9 Ion Air Jet applications:
- A medical device manufacturer uses Ion Air Jets to remove dust from plastic extrusion as it goes through a puller belt. The small diameter (0.05″ to 0.10″) made the Ion Air Jet a more efficient fit than the Super Ion Air Wipe, which is commonly used for extrusions like this, but is most effective for larger diameters.
- A maker of large scale automated machinery has provided Ion Air Jets (as well as other EXAIR quiet, efficient, and safe compressed air products) on machines they’ve been selling their customers for years. When they started machining their own plastic parts, the Ion Air Jet was their first thought for a solution when plastic chips started sticking to their drill bits.
- A commercial printer makes displays, signs, etc. from a variety of static-prone materials such as acrylic, polycarbonate, and styrene. They use CNC routers to cut them to size & shape, form the edges, and add dimensional detail. Ion Air Jets blow the dust & shavings away, and keep them away, greatly reducing the prep time between routing and assembly.
- A weather sealing/stripping manufacturer uses Ion Air Jets to remove statically charged dust from their rubber & foam product extrusions, allowing for increased line speeds and better cuts for the products they cut for specific seal packages for the residential & commercial door and automotive industries, among others.
- A major provider of electrical and electronic contactors uses Ion Air Jets to blow off contact strip as it rolls off large reels to remove protective film and static.
- A manufacturer of wire marking machinery installs Ion Air Jets on their machines that are used to print on products with especially static-prone jackets, to ensure clean and crisp markings
- A cable manufacturer that caters to the computer & electronic industries uses Ion Air Jets to remove static & dust as foil is applied to PVC coated wire. This eliminates the static charge that was causing inconsistencies when the adhesive was heated to activate.
- A wholesale food equipment distributor uses Ion Air Jets to blow out bottles during the sterilization process, prior to filling.
- A maker of specialty polymers uses Ion Air Jets to keep fine powders from accumulating in the entries into their hoppers.