Every April, EXAIR takes the time to revisit our sustainability plan and our commitment to remaining accountable for the impact we have on the environment. We understand that partnering with our customers toward a more sustainable future is an important part of a business relationship, so we take the time to explain how we go about being good stewards of this planet. Our internal processes are intertwined with the world around us, and we like to pay attention to this.
We realize that what we do as a company can directly impact others and our environment. We have reduced our consumption of resources, increased our recycling efforts, and strive for further efficiencies. The result is practices and standards we have incorporated into our product development, manufacturing and fulfillment processes that are beneficial to the environment. Our action plan significantly improves our operations, practices, facility and products. Here are some of the steps we’ve taken:
- Consumption reduced through a leak detection and mitigation program that saved one million cubic feet of compressed air per year.
- Utilizing our own engineered compressed air nozzles throughout the plant minimizes compressed air use compared to commercial nozzles.
- We recycle 100% of the metal scrap from our machining processes. The materials we recycle are aluminum, Type 303 and Type 316 stainless steel.
- Consumption reduced through increased use of natural light, higher efficiency fluorescent fixtures and LED technology.
- EXAIR continues to make improvements to the efficiency of our computers and computer servers which require fewer Kilowatt hours (KWH) per day.
- EXAIR delivers over 90% of our invoices electronically which has eliminated those traditional postal service mailed copies.
- We focus on local and regional vendors whenever possible, which reduces delivery distances and fuel.
- Electronic delivery of invoices allowed an almost 70% reduction in printed pages.
- Most shipments use recycled Kraft paper with a perfect “green score” of 360.
- Recycled 100% of our cardboard and mixed paper products. Of the waste we place into our trash dumpsters – 80% is recycled and 20% is sent to the landfill.
- Over the past year, EXAIR recycled 416 cubic yards of paper and cardboard.
- We use our very own Chip Trapper Systems in our manufacturing areas to extend the water-soluble coolant life from 6 weeks per changeover to 6 months per changeover. Keeping our coolant clean allows us to minimize the total amount of wastewater we recycle each year.
- Our wastewater is 100% recycled
- Consumption reduced by installing programmable thermostats wherever possible to match heating/cooling cycles with facility usage patterns.
Through an expanded recycling program, we are able to 100% recycle our metal scrap, paper and cardboard, wastewater, wood and plastics.
The impact our products make is also notable:
- EXAIR blow off products designed specifically to reduce compressed air consumption energy usage
- A new tool developed as part of our coolant management system now available to customers
- Packaging materials used by EXAIR are fully recyclable
- Most EXAIR products themselves are largely or fully recyclable at the end of their useful lives
- RoHS compliance on applicable products insures that, should these products end up in a landfill at the end of their useful lives, they will not contaminate the environment with unacceptable levels of lead, mercury, hexavalent chromium, PBB, PBDE or cadmium.
We will remain focused on our impact and make improvements through new materials, products, processes and technologies when we have the opportunity for continued improvement.
Enjoy this weekend as the world recognizes how precious the planet is. Join EXAIR and some of the largest and most notable companies on earth by practicing some of these improvements and using EXAIR Intelligent Compressed Air® products.
The EXAIR Team