Don’t you love this time of year? Kids are returning to school. And the sports calendar is about to explode. I was thinking about this over the last week or so. Things are about to get really, really hectic.
- Here in Ohio, high school football has begun. My son is a senior this year, so we are all hoping for a winning and memorable year (that is injury-free). Friday (and sometimes Saturday) nights are spent under the lights with a few thousand close friends.
- College football kicks off tonight for many teams. Ohio State vs. Marshall will get particular interest here at EXAIR. Remember the old days when colleges played on Saturdays? Thanks to conference agreements with the various television networks, college football is now spread over 4 or 5 days per week.
- Pro football kicks off next weekend, but until then, we have Hard Knocks (where’s Revis?), fantasy team drafts (here’s a great take from Jim Rome), and office pools to arrange (wait, scratch that, it’s illegal). Again, thanks to TV, there are games on Sunday, Monday and the occasional Thursday.
- Baseball pennant races are coming down the stretch (has anyone seen the Cardinals lately?). Everyone plays at least six days a week for the next month.
There are so many choices, so many options, and so many things to watch and/or attend that it really can be overwhelming. I know our family calendar is littered with commitments over the next couple of months.
With life, just like in business, you have to set priorities and stay organized if you are going to achieve your goals. As busy as the leisure/social/personal calendar seems to be these days, we’ve been even busier at EXAIR.
In the past month, here are a few things that have been going on at EXAIR:
- We visited our distributors in China and Singapore
- Our distributor from China visited EXAIR
- We officially launched our partnership with a new distributor in Norway
- We press released our new, larger, 110-gallon Chip Trapper
- We press released our one-of-a-kind line of PVDF Super Air Knives
- We launched our new video demo for EXAIR Line Vac Air Operated Conveyors
And the days and weeks ahead won’t be any less hectic:
- EXAIR will announce three new products next week
- EXAIR will have two more press releases in September for new products
- EXAIR will also have more major announcements regarding compliance in September
- EXAIR will host our distributor from the Netherlands next week
- EXAIR will once again compete for Plant Engineering “Product of the Year” honors
On top of all of that, several members of the EXAIR team will be attending the IMTS 2010 trade show in Chicago in a couple of weeks. If you are going to be there and would like to discuss an application, e-mail us so that we can pre-arrange the meeting.
As you can see, both sides of the ledger are quite full these days, and that is not a bad thing at all.