Pneumatics is a branch of engineering that makes use of gas or compressed air. The word pneumatic is derived from the Greek words πνεῦμα pneuma and means wind breath. With 9 out of 10 industries utilizing compressed air products and processes, we could say that pneumatics are the “breath” of industry. OK, I may be stretching here, but it it does flow well…
At EXAIR, we pride ourselves on using compressed air intelligently. Nearly all of our products utilize compressed air and maximize it’s efficiency. Let’s take a deep breath and look at some of the reasons why “wind breath”, and more importantly why the EXAIR products are so advantageous in industry.
REASONS TO USE COMPRESSED AIR
- There is an infinite supply of air on this planet to be compressed and used. I know this seems obvious but what other energy source has an infinite supply?
- There are very low maintenance costs with pneumatic tools. Our products have minimal to no moving parts. There is no motor to repair, no oil to change, no bearings or fans.
- Our products are engineered to be easily installed and can be adjusted for performance. Most of the time you simply mount the product and add air. A simple pressure regulator provides a huge bandwidth of adjustment to dial in the force and performance.
- Air is very easy to transport. With your current compressor system, you can easily run pipe to the point of use and supply the products with their power source.
- Compressed air is compact, and usually takes up less space to install a compressed air product.
- Our products and tools are extremely reliable. Due to the precision engineering and production, our products produce a repeatable result every time they are turned on.
- EXAIR products all comply with OSHA standards for sound (29 CFR 1910-242 (b)) as well as dead end pressure 29 CFR-1910.95(a)).
- Initial purchase as well as installation costs are typically considerably lower than non pneumatic options. When you add in the upkeep and maintenance, EXAIR products are almost always less expensive than alternative products.
- Using compressed air as your power supply typically facilitates a cleaner, dryer, safer work environment.
- At EXAIR, you have a team of application engineers at your fingertips that will help you choose the best product for your specific application. Feel free to call or email at anytime.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to he