As the weather gets colder and the air gets dryer, static electricity can become a real nuisance in a production plant. Machines will start jamming, alignments will be difficult, debris will collect on surfaces, and hazardous sparks can shock personnel. EXAIR manufactures a large line of Gen4 Static Eliminators to remove this static nuisance. And beginning January 1st, 2019; EXAIR will be giving away a free AC Sensor, a $57.00 value, with a purchase of any of the Gen4 Static Eliminators.
EXAIR stocks eight different product lines in two different styles, Gen4 Static Eliminators with Air and Gen4 Static Eliminators without Air. In conjunction with a power supply, these ionizers can create both negative ions and positive ions to remove any type of static charge that is on the surface. The Gen4 Power Supplies come in either a 2 port or 4 port configuration; so that, you can power multiple Gen4 Static Eliminators at once. From the power supply to the ionizer, an armored and electromagnetic shielded cable is used in a single wire design. This helps to protect the cable from abrasions, cuts and splits in industrial areas. The Gen4 Static Eliminators have a shockless design, and are UL Component Recognized and CE compliant. I will give a brief description of each product that utilizes this rugged industrial design for optimal static neutralization.
Gen4 Static Eliminators with Air:
- Gen4 Super Ion Air Knife: This product has the best compressed air efficiency in removing static by combining the Super Air Knife with an Ionizing Bar. The Gen4 Super Ion Air Knife has a 40:1 amplification ratio and uses the laminar air flow to carry the positive and negative ions to the surface up to 20 feet (6.1 meters) away. The laminar air flow also allows for a quick static discharge in applications with fast conveyance speeds. EXAIR manufactures stock lengths from 3” (76mm) to 108” (2.74 meters). Some typical applications for the Gen4 Super Ion Air Knife are found in web cleaning, sheeters, pre-paint dust removal, and shrink wrappers.
- Gen4 Standard Ion Air Knife: Similar to the Gen4 Super Ion Air Knife, the Gen4 Standard Air Knife has a good efficiency at 30:1 amplification ratio. It utilizes the Coanda effect to draw in ambient air, and they come in stocked lengths from 3” (76mm) to 48” (1.22 meters). The Gen4 Standard Ion Air Knife are used in similar applications as well as mold releasing, package cleaning, label applications and plastic bag opening.
- Gen4 Super Ion Air Wipe: This product blows ionized air in a 360-degree pattern. They are engineered to remove static and debris from the outside of hoses, plastic pipes, extrusions, and coated wires. With the split design, the Gen4 Super Ion Air Wipe can easily mount around the product without having to rethread. They come in two different sizes with a 2” (51mm) and 4” (102mm) inner diameter. The ionized air has a fast decay in removing static for speedy transfers.
- Gen4 Ion Air Cannon: Just like the name, this product will shower an area with ions to remove static. It can reach distances up to 15 feet (4.6 meters). They are used in multiple areas including pre-paint car bodies, containers, shrink packaging, lenses, etc. As an Air Amplifier, a small amount of compressed air will draw in a large amount of ambient air. The ions are carried to the surface by the Gen4 Ion Air Cannon in a laminar air steam. Once the ions coat the surface area, the air flow can gently remove any debris held by static forces.
- Gen4 Ion Air Gun: For manual static removal to target specific areas, the Gen4 Ion Air Gun will work great. This product comes standard with 10 feet (3 meters) of shielded cable for maximum reach. An ergonomic air gun is attached to a Gen4 Ion Air Jet to manually remove static in difficult areas and to pre-treat within “shock” zones. The Ion Air Guns work great for small batch processes used for quality checks or label applications.
- Gen4 Ion Air Jet: Similar to the Ion Air Gun, this product is used for “hands-free” operations. They use a small amount of compressed air to “shoot” the ions onto a target area. They can be operated with a solenoid valve or foot pedal to blow ions during specific times and situations. They can easily be attached to a Stay Set Hose and Magnetic Base for best “hands-free” positioning for optimal cleaning. They work well on small targets for automated systems or inspections areas prior to packaging.
Gen4 Static Eliminators without Air:
- Gen4 Ionizing Bar: This rugged design is for industrial use to remove static cling from flat surfaces. They range in length from 3” (76mm) to 108” (2.74 meters). Without the assistance of air, the product has to be within 2 inches (51 mm) from the surface to remove static charges. The Gen4 Ionizing Bar is compact, shockless and works well in applications where blowing air could be a detriment. The applications would include screen printing, labeling, and large printing processes.
- Gen4 Ionizing Point: This single point design is manufactured to remove static on small targets in tight spots. Utilizing the same rugged design, this product can remove static in spot areas and help to stop jams from slitting operations. They can also be panel mounted to neutralize areas using ducted air.
Now how about that free promotional item, the AC Sensor, with a purchase of any of the Gen4 Static Eliminators above? This device, as mentioned above, has a $57.00 value which you can get for free. This sensor provides a non-contact way to verify if voltage is present. A red light at the tip will glow, and an audible tone is sounded when voltage is detected. The model 7929 AC Sensor is an ideal tool to quickly verify that power is going to your ionizer. This instrument will also work for finding power in receptacles, junction boxes, switches and breaks in power cords. Batteries will be included, so you can start using it right after receiving the robust Gen4 Static Eliminators.
If you are an end-user and located within the United States or Canada, you can take advantage of this offer until March 31st, 2019. An Application Engineer at EXAIR will be happy to assist you with your application and a solution with the Static Eliminators. And if you qualify, a free AC Sensor.