Heat is an unavoidable by-product of any cutting or machining operation. Think about it: you’re creating friction on a piece of material with a fast-moving piece of harder material in order to forcibly separate pieces of the original material from its existing shape & size. No matter what, something’s going to get hot: the work piece, the tooling, or (almost always) both. If you don’t do something about it, your parts can become damaged, your tooling can become dull and brittle, and productivity will suffer.
There are ways to alleviate the problem…you can slow the speed of your tooling, but that’s hardly practical, and only marginally effective. You can use liquid cooling…in fact, you may have to if the particulars of the operation require the lubrication you can only get from a cutting oil or liquid coolant. But those can be messy, expensive, and the time you spend maintaining the coolant could certainly be spent better elsewhere…like, on machining your products!
The EXAIR Cold Gun Aircoolant System is a novel solution to these problems…heat related and otherwise:
- The Cold Gun uses compressed air to produce a stream of clean, cold air at 50°F (28°C) below supply air temperature.
- They use Vortex Tube technology…no moving parts to wear out.
- Cold flow and temperature are preset to optimize cooling capability, and are non-adjustable to prevent freeze-up during use.
- Eliminates the expense of both the purchase & disposal of cutting fluids.
- Removes the potential for health problems associated with breathing mist & vapors, and the safety issue of slipping on a wet floor.
Cold Gun Aircoolant System selection is easy & straightforward…we offer a standard, and a High Power version to meet your specific needs.
We also offer Single & Dual Point Hose Kits, to further meet the needs of your application. Right now, you don’t have to decide up front…order a Cold Gun Aircoolant System with a Single Point Hose Kit before December 31, 2018, and we’ll throw in the Dual Point Hose Kit for free.
If you’d like to find out more about how Cold Gun Aircoolant Systems can improve your machining or cutting operations, give me a call.