By using only a source of compressed air, the Cold Gun and High Power Cold Gun produces a stream of clean, cold air 50°F (28°C) below your compressed air supply temperature. The Cold Gun is very quiet at only 70 dBA and has no moving parts to wear out. Just supply it with clean compressed air and it’s maintenance free.
How does it work, and what are the benefits?
- The Cold Gun uses compressed air to produce a stream of clean, cold air at 50°F (28°C) below supply air temperature. Generally this will be 20°F-30°F outlet temperature.
- They use Vortex Tube technology…no moving parts to wear out.
Instant cold air flow with no moving parts!
- Cold flow and temperature are preset to optimize cooling capability, and are non-adjustable to prevent freeze-up during use.
- Eliminates the expense of both the purchase & disposal of cutting fluids when replacing expensive mist systems.
- Removes the potential for health problems associated with breathing mist & vapors, and the safety issue of slipping on a wet floor.
We also offer Single & Dual Point Hose Kits, to further meet the needs of your application.
One of the best applications I have seen with our cold gun came from a customer in Peru. They are a gold mining operation and they were having trouble with the liquid they were using to cool a saw. Read all about it here!
If you have an application that you believe would be better served by the use of an EXAIR Cold Gun, give us a call.