As the world goes eco-friendly it’s not clear how much environmental good will come from all the green products consumers are buying. Many companies peddle new or improved green products through their marketing campaigns, but it pays to look beyond the product pitches and into how the company behaves.
It’s refreshing to work for a company that is really walking the talk. EXAIR’s sustainability plan has real and quantifiable achievements.
- Our variable speed drive air compressor reduced our electrical consumption by over 4,000 kWh in the past year compared to a conventional air compressor
- Through a leak detection and mitigation program, one million cubic foot of compressed air per yer was saved
- Migrating our customers to electronic delivery of invoices reduced traditional postal service mailed copies by over 50% and a 67% reduction in printed paper pages
- Most shipments use recycled Kraft paper with a perfect “green score ” of 360
- Fresh water consumption was reduced through a coolant management program that extends usable life of water-soluble coolant from six weeks to six months.
- Natural gas consumption was reduced by installing programmable thermostats wherever possible to match heating and cooling cycle with facility usage patterns
- Solid waste/trash was reduced by 88% through and expanded recycling program
- All metals, wood, waste water, cans, and plastics are 100% recycled
Do you want to improve your sustainability scorecard by reducing compressed air consumption? Give our application engineers a call and they will be happy to assist you. They can be reached at 1-800-903-9247