For almost 40 years now, EXAIR Corporation has been devoted to a singular goal of providing quiet, safe, and efficient compressed air products for industry. In that time, our product offering has grown considerably…and it’s just taken another leap. I offer for your consideration, dear reader, the TurboBlast Safety Air Gun:
Starting at the “business end”, these use our tried-and-true High Force Super Air Nozzles. With up to 23 pounds (10.43 Kg) of applied force, these are among the hardest hitting compressed air products on the market. That’s almost 28 times the force of our standard Super Air Nozzle, and is ideal for large area cleanup, slag or flash removal, blowing off stubborn debris & liquid, etc. To protect the engineered Air Nozzle and ensure long life, we’ve included a replaceable protective guard, preventing damage from incidental contact in the aggressive applications these are aimed at. Five different Super Air Nozzles are offered:
- 3/4 NPT (Zinc Aluminum or 316 Stainless Steel)
- Consumes 91 SCFM @80psig
- Applies 4.5 lbs of force @12″ from target
- 23″ wide pattern @48″ from target
- 1 NPT (Zinc Aluminum or 316SS)
- Consumes 135 SCFM @80psig
- Applies 6.6 lbs of force @12″ from target
- 24.5″ wide pattern @48″ from target
- Model 1116 1 NPT (Zinc Aluminum only)
- Consumes 188 SCFM @80psig
- Applies 9.4 lbs of force @12″ from target
- 26″ wide pattern @48″ from target
- Model 1118 1 NPT (Zinc Aluminum only)
- Consumes 300 SCFM @80psig
- Applies 15 lbs of force @12″ from target
- 28″ wide pattern @48″ from target
- Model 1120 1 NPT (Zinc Aluminum only)
- Consumes 460 SCFM @80psig
- Applies 23 lbs of force @12″ from target
- 30″ wide pattern @48″ from target
They all come, standard, with a 1ft extension. If additional reach is desired, they can also be fitted with 3ft or 6ft rigid pipe extensions. They all have a soft, ergonomic grip, ensuring comfort during extended periods of use.
An optional Gate Valve allows for “on the fly” control of air flow & force. A simple turn of the collar adjusts the flow for a range of variable performance, as dictated by the needs of the application, much like the handheld control offered by our VariBlast Precision and Compact Safety Air Guns.
The handle itself is one of the most innovative features:
- Rugged cast aluminum construction, with an over-molded soft, yet rugged elastomer grip is physically durable, and offers superior resistance to UV rays and chemical corrosion.
- Low profile trigger button for instant & precise control of the air flow. It’s spring operated for “Dead Man Valve” style protection, if dropped or let go of.
- 1 NPT air inlet for easy & quick connection to a standard industrial air hose.
They are all compliant with OSHA Standard 1910.242(b) with regard to use of compressed air for cleaning purposes, and…they’re on the shelf, right now! We’re pretty excited about this newest addition to our product line. If you’d like to find out more, give me a call.
Russ Bowman, CCASS