Adjustability is a key feature for several EXAIR Intelligent Compressed Air Products… for example our Adjustable Air Amplifiers. The ‘adjustable’ part has to do with setting the air flow volume and force:
You can get an amazing range of flow from a little twist*:
A gap of about 0.010″ is about the max for 80psig supply pressure. Above that, the air flow overwhelms the Coanda profile, creating a turbulent ‘storm’ in the throat, hampering the efficiency and effectiveness. The proper “adjustment” for that is to select the next larger Air Amplifier!
While the range of air flow is certainly impressive, their versatility is another major factor in their selection. I reviewed our Application Database (registration required) for real-life details on Adjustable Air Amplifiers “in the field” and found a litany of other benefits that made them better suited to particular installations than a Super Air Amplifier:
- A customer who builds automated equipment incorporates the Model 6031 1-1/4″ SS Adjustable Air Amplifier to blow open bags with a puff of air as they move into position on an automated filling machine. They use it because it’s available in stainless steel construction, and it’s still compact & lightweight.
- A mattress manufacturer uses Model 6043 3″ Aluminum Adjustable Air Amplifiers to cool mattress springs. They’re lightweight, the perfect size to match the springs’ profile, and they can “dial them out” for high heat removal before putting springs on a rubber conveyor.
- A tier 1 automotive supplier has Model 6234 4″ SS Adjustable Air Amplifier Kits installed on their robotic paint line to blow off moisture from parts to prevent water spotting between the wash cycle and the oven. They use them because the stainless steel construction holds up to high heat due to the proximity to the ovens.
- A food plant uses Model 6031 1-1/4″ SS Adjustable Air Amplifiers to improve the drying time of 3,000 liter mixers that must be washed between batches of different products. The stainless steel construction holds up to the rigors of the frequent washdown in this area.
- A bedding manufacturer replaced a regenerative blower with a Model 6041 1-1/4″ Aluminum Adjustable Air Amplifier for trim removal on stitched fabric at bedding manufacturer. The blower was prone to failure from lint & dust; the Air Amplifier, with no moving parts, is not. It’s also compact, lightweight, and virtually maintenance free.
- A light bulb manufacturer installed Model 6030 3/4″ SS Adjustable Air Amplifiers on the ends of open pipes that were used to cool mercury lamp wicks. This reduced noise levels significantly while providing the same cooling rate, and the stainless steel construction holds up to the heat of the operation.
Because of the simplicity of their design, Adjustable Air Amplifiers are also extremely adaptable to custom applications. We’ve added threads or flanges to the inlets and outlets of several different sizes, to accommodate ease of mounting & installation:
Adjustable Air Amplifiers are available in both aluminum and 303SS construction, to meet most any environmental requirements…except extreme high heat. In those cases, the Model 121021 High Temperature Air Amplifier is rated to 700°F (374°C) – significantly higher than the Aluminum – 275°F (135°C) or the Stainless Steel – 400°F (204°C). They’re commonly used to circulate hot air inside furnaces, ovens, refractories, etc.
Adjustability. Versatility. Durability. If you’d like to know more about the Adjustable Air Amplifier, or any of EXAIR’s Intelligent Compressed Air Products, give me a call.
Send me an Email
Find us on the Web
Like us on Facebook