Happy Earth Day from EXAIR!
April 2021 marks the 51st anniversary of Earth Day and it will be observed both virtually and even in person in some locations throughout the world. For EXAIR, this year marks our 38th year helping compressed air users save compressed air energy and the electrical resources associated with generating compressed air. And the 37th year for improving our own efficiencies and processes in order to reduce waste. It is nice to begin to see a few events that have people gathering (safely, of course) to engage together for a positive cause. Over at Earthday.org you can find virtual and in person events to celebrate Earth in 2021. They present a global map for us to become aware of local clean up events, educational opportunities, conservation events and more. Check it out!
EXAIR remains committed to a minimal footprint and continues to focus on manufacturing our products with little impact and doing our part to help protect our environment. We are proud to manufacture efficient products and implement processes and programs throughout our facility to help use our resources wisely. We also recycle everything we possibly can – cardboard, paper, metal, wastewater, plastic. EXAIR also pays us to take some volunteer hours, some of us choose “green” events.
We manufacture and sell Intelligent Compressed Air Products that are specifically designed to reduce the use of compressed air throughout facilities. On top of that, when you purchase an EXAIR product it will arrive in fully recyclable packaging and, in most cases, is made from a material that will be recyclable should it reach a point it is no longer useful.
Over the past years we continually look for improvement opportunities within our systems and processes. Recently we have…
- Over the past year, EXAIR recycled 416 cubic yards of paper and cardboard.
- Recycled 100% of our cardboard and mixed paper products. Of the waste we place into our trash dumpsters – 80% is recycled and 20% is sent to the landfill.
- We recycle 100% of the metal scrap from our machining processes. The materials we recycle are aluminum, Type 303 and Type 316 stainless steel.
- Used our very own Chip Trapper Systems in our manufacturing areas to extend the water-soluble coolant life from 6 weeks per changeover to 6 months per changeover. Keeping our coolant clean allows us to minimize the total amount of wastewater we recycle each year.
- Minimized our own compressed air use by 1 million cubic feet per year.
- EXAIR continues to make improvements to the efficiency of our computers and computer servers which require fewer Kilowatt hours (KWH) per day.
EXAIR asks every customer if they accept digital invoices rather than requiring them to be printed and mailed. We have been able to eliminate over 90% of all printed and mailed invoices. This helps to reduce our resources used as well as the amount of materials that are possibly turned into solid wastes at customer facilities. This also aids to reduces the gas and vehicles necessary to deliver all of these invoices by mail.
Adding to the efforts above, we continue to maintain RoHS compliance on all electronic products, as well as actively track our supply chains to ensure no Conflict Minerals are being sourced and used in our products.
If you have any questions on how we can help your facility reduce their volume of compressed air, contact us.
Thanks for reading the blog and enjoy your Earth Day!
Ph. 1-800-903-9247 Intl Ph. 513-671-3322
Image courtesy of NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. Creative Commons License Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0)