Static charge causes a variety of problems & challenges in industrial applications:
- It “zaps” operators who have to handle statically charged materials.
- It makes sheets and films cling to each other.
- It can cause tearing or jamming of those sheets and films as well.
- Objects with high static charges can cause sensors or sensitive electronics to malfunction, and it the charge is high enough, even damage them.
- It makes dust cling to parts and material that you want to keep clean.
- It can lead to uneven or spotty coverage if the statically charged piece is to be painted, coated, printed on, etc.
Good news is, static charge is pretty easy to dissipate, and EXAIR Corporation offers a number of solutions that are simple to install and easy to operate. Among them is the Gen4 Ion Air Jet.
The Gen4 Ion Air Jet generates a concentrated flow of ionized air, which is ideal when you need to focus on a specific spot without disturbing anything in the surrounding area. They’re quiet, efficient, and OSHA compliant. They are also available with a number of options to further simply installation & operation:
If you can hard plumb an air pipe directly, the Gen4 Ion Air Jet is ready to go, right out of the box.
The Gen4 Instant Static Elimination Station adds a foot pedal and two 10ft compressed air hoses, perfect for hands-free on/off operation.
The Gen4 Deluxe Stay Set Ion Air Jet Kit adds an Automatic Drain Filter Separator and Pressure Regulator so you can keep your air supply clean & moisture free, and dial in the flow & force of the ionized air stream, from a breeze to a blast, or anywhere in between, depending on the needs of your application.
We offer two Power Supply options: the Model 7960 has two ports, which will operate any two EXAIR Static Eliminator Products, and the Model 7961 has four ports, to operate up to four Static Eliminators. They’re switchable for operation with either 115VAC or 230VAC, and come with both cables for your convenience.