The year was 2016, and it was quite a time for sports fans:
- Team USA dominated at the Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Swimmer Michael Phelps won five Gold Medals, and gymnast Simone Biles won a Gold Medal on her own, and another for the team event, contributing to the 46 total Gold Medals won by United States Olympians.
- The Chicago Cubs and Cleveland Indians took the World Series to all seven games…and extra innings in Game Seven. That makes it hard to disparage either team, but the Cubs prevailed, winning the Fall Classic for the first time in 108 years.
- World Series heartbreak notwithstanding, Cleveland sports fans were pretty happy a few months earlier when the Cavaliers cinched the NBA Championship in seven games, defeating the heavily favored Golden State Warriors…who beat the Cavs in both of their regular season games that year.
Another big winner (non-sports) that year was EXAIR Corporation’s Model EF5010SS External Mix Narrow Angle Flat Fan Pattern 1/2 NPT Atomizing Spray Nozzle…it won Plant Engineering’s Product of the Year Bronze Medal Award in the Fluid Handling category. Yes, there’s a Compressed Air category, and our products have won a TON of those too…as well as some other categories:
- Material Handling (Line Vacs)
- Maintenance Products (Super Air Nozzles)
- Environmental Health (High Lift Reversible Drum Vac)
- Automation & Controls (EFC Electronic Flow Control)
Anyway, now it’s 2021, and the No-Drip version of that Atomizing Spray Nozzle – Model EF6010SS – has won Plant Engineering’s GOLD Medal Award in the Fluid Handling category. Model EF6010SS offers the same performance as the EF5010SS:
- Liquid flow rates from 141 to 303 gallons per hour (tested with water)
- Flat fan spray dimensions from 15″ wide (6″ from target) to 25″ wide (15″ from target)
- Atomized spray at a distance of up to 35 feet away
And, of course, the No-Drip feature means you can instantly stop liquid flow by shutting off the compressed air supply, up to 180 cycles a minute, if needed. This is a great feature to have to cut down on the cost – and the MESS – associated with overspraying.
Our comprehensive line of Atomizing Spray Nozzles has options for most any liquid that can be sprayed, with a wide range of flow rates and pattern size/shapes. The 1/2 NPT External Mix Narrow Angle Flat Fan model is ideally suited for liquids with higher viscosities where a higher flow rate/thicker coating is needed, as opposed to a humidification or misting application, where a smaller Atomizing Spray Nozzle might be specified. Some current, successfully reported, applications include:
- Snack food provider – applying flavoring to bulk snack materials.
- Commercial bakery – spraying cooking oil onto pans used in a conveyor oven.
- Sporting goods manufacturer – applying adhesive to the tops of skateboard decks to glue the grip tape on.
If you’d like to discuss a particular liquid spraying application, I’d love to help…give me a call.
Russ Bowman, CCASS
Visit us on the Web
Follow me on Twitter
Like us on Facebook