When I bought my first house (I was a happy condo dweller prior to the birth of my second son), I got a gift card for a home improvement store from some of the folks I worked with. Since my mother-in-law had already bought me a lawn mower, I used that gift card to purchase another staple of the Suburban Dad’s Garage: a heavy duty wet-dry shop vac. It quickly proved its usefulness as a dry vac in cleaning up after a couple of wood working and plumbing (mis)adventures, and as a wet vac following a sump pump failure & subsequent replacement. That last part was when I learned a valuable lesson about the filter cartridge that catches dirt, debris, sawdust, PVC shavings, copper shavings & solder slag: it gets ruined, and makes a HUGE mess inside the drum, if you don’t take it out before pumping the residual water from your basement sump.
I’d like to say that never happened again, but I had the old “there’s got to be a better design” thought every time I carefully positioned a large trash bag underneath so I could finagle a waterlogged & debris-laden filter out of my shop vac canister without making an even bigger mess on the floor. Now, I don’t believe this had anything to do with our R&D engineers’ development of the EasySwitch Wet-Dry Vac, but it IS an amazing coincidence…
If you’re looking for a powerful, reliable, and easy to use industrial vacuum, here it is. Made to fit a standard 55 gallon open top drum, the EasySwitch Wet-Dry Vac Systems come in a variety of configurations to meet your specific Industrial Housekeeping needs:
- If you have a drum, the EasySwitch Wet-Dry Vac kit comes with everything you need for basic operation:
- The EasySwitch Wet-Dry unit itself
- Drum Lid with filter hatch
- Standard or HEPA filter & pre-filter
- 20ft compressed air hose, pressure gauge, and shutoff valve
- 10ft vacuum hose, crevice tool, straight wand, skimmer tool, and dust brush
- For portability and convenience, the Deluxe system adds:
- Drum dolly
- Upgrade to anti-static vacuum hose and Heavy Duty Aluminum Tools
- Spill Recovery Kit (for floor cleanup of liquids)
- Magnetic Tool Holder
- And if you need a drum, the Premium system adds that as well.
The standard filter is suitable for general purpose dry vacuuming, but for critical dust removal, our HEPA filter conforms to IEST-RP-CC-007 specifications for minimum 99.97% filtration at the 0.3 micron level. If your cleanup involves toxic materials, respiratory irritants…anything that people shouldn’t be breathing…you’ll definitely want the HEPA filter.
And, of course, you can still remove the filter (don’t forget that part; that’s how this blog started) for high performance liquid vacuuming as well. If you’d like to find out more about the HEPA EasySwitch Wet-Dry Vac – or any of our other Industrial Housekeeping Products – give me a call.
Russ Bowman, CCASS